AC Milan eye €120m for Rafael Leao’s transfer amid Real Madrid, Chelsea interest


The summer transfer window is closed for the major leagues in Europe. However, with an eye on January, there’s plenty of gossip swirling about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings, goings and, of course, done deals!

TOP STORY: Milan eye €120m for Leao’s transfer

AC Milan will only consider offers in the region of €120 million for Rafael Leao‘s transfer as teams such as Chelsea and Real Madrid ponder a move for the Portugal star, according Calciomercato.

After Milan dismissed enquiries for the 23-year-old forward close to the transfer window deadline, it looks as though the Rossoneri have set a valuation for Leao’s transfer, who established himself as a key player for the Serie A champions last season.

The previous stance from the San Siro hierarchy has been that they have no intentions to move on the Portugal international for anything less than his release clause, which is believed to be in the region of €150m, but now club technical director Paolo Maldini is open to discussions should clubs return to the negotiating table.

Leao who registered an assist during Milan’s 1-1 draw with FC Salzburg in the Champions League on Tuesday night.

Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, more (U.S.)

LIVE BLOG

09.46 BST: Bayern Munich have dismissed speculation linking them with a move for Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane.

The Bundesliga champions have recently been linked with the 29-year-old England captain as a potential replacement for Robert Lewandowski, but speaking to reporters about the situation on Tuesday, club sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic told reporters: “I don’t think [Bayern CEO] Oliver Kahn is forcing a move for Kane, you can all go down a gear, there’s nothing to it.”

08.51 BST: Wolves have identified Andy Carroll as an alternative option to Diego Costa, according to the Daily Telegraph.

Wolves have been left short of strikers in their squad after summer signing Sasa Kalajdzic sustained a knee ligament injury during his debut on Saturday, while Raul Jimenez missed the opening two games of the season with a knee injury.

Former Chelsea and Atletico Madrid striker Costa, 33, had been without a club since leaving Atletico Mineiro in January after five months at the club, during which he scored four goals in 15 games and lifted the Brazilian league title.

However, he was denied a UK work permit on Tuesday because he has not played any professional matches since his last appearance for Atletico Mineiro on Dec. 12 last year, shortly after which his contract was terminated. Wolves have appealed the decision, with the result of that expected within 48 hours.

If that appeal fails, Wolves could turn to Carroll, 33, who is a free agent after his contract with West Bromwich Albion expired in the summer.

08.00 BST: Marseille’s Eric Bailly has claimed he did not get a fair chance at Manchester United because the club favour English players.

Bailly joined Marseille on loan this summer after falling out of favour at Old Trafford following his move from Villarreal in 2016.

The Ivory Coast centre-back has made 113 appearances for United but suggested he could have more were it not for players ahead of him in the pecking order.

“The club should avoid favouring English players and give everyone a chance,” Bailly said in comments carried by The Times before Marseille’s opening Champions League game against Tottenham Hotspur.

“[The club should] encourage competition in the dressing room, not just look out for some. I’ve always had the feeling that the national player was prioritised.

“That doesn’t happen at Chelsea or other big Premier League clubs. Some people take it for granted that they are going to start, and that weakens the team. Luckily [Erik] Ten Hag has a lot of character and I hope he can change that dynamic.”

PAPER GOSSIP (by Adam Brown)

Edouard Mendy has rejected Chelsea’s opening proposal after discussions over a new contract, reports the Standard. After the Blues signed a new long-term deal with Reece James, the 30-year-old goalkeeper is understood to be one of the club’s next priorities, along with midfielder Mason Mount. Mendy is believed to be looking for a higher salary, after being offered lower than the £190,000-per-week deal that Kepa Arrizabalaga signed in 2018.

Nathan Redmond is set to join Besiktas from Southampton, reveals Fabrizio Romano. The Turkish club fought off interest from domestic rivals Galatasaray and Fenerbahce, and they have agreed to a one-year deal with the 28-year-old winger until the summer of 2023. The deal is expected to go through swiftly after the Saints approved the transfer on Tuesday.

– Galatasaray are considering moves for Emil Forsberg and Thorgan Hazard, according to Turkey-based newspaper Fotomac. The club is keen to add an attacking midfielder who can play from wide areas before the deadline in Turkey closes, with both Bundesliga stars fitting that profile. Forsberg, 30, has been named as a substitute for three of five league clashes for RB Leipzig, while 29-year-old Hazard has made five appearances for Borussia Dortmund.

– Galatasaray are also on the verge of signing Leicester City defender Caglar Soyuncu, understands Calciomercato. The 26-year-old centre-back was on the radar of Internazionale in the summer, but with the transfer window closed in Serie A, the Istanbul side have taken advantage to move forward for his transfer.

Miralem Pjanic‘s journey at Barcelona is set to come to an end on Wednesday, reports Mundo Deportivo. The Blaugrana midfielder has agreed a deal with United Arab Emirates side Sharjah FC, and he will sign a three-year contract with the club. It is understood that Xavi Hernandez was keen to keep the 32-year-old at the Camp Nou, but he has decided to leave to go in search of more playing time.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *